Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving Reflection

Sitting in my parent's living room, my belly full of mom's home cooking, aware of  Layla lazily sleeping on her furry side across the room,  I am half listening to my mom as she sits chatting with my brother. I note my dad watching everyone with a thoughtful gaze, and I can feel the focused energy of my sister-in law who is working on a craft project in the kitchen. The tv is off and the smattering of conversations flit in an out of earshot. Nothing all that interesting is being discussed but its the highlight of the day. Having everyone together, all differences put aside or temporarily resolved, enjoying a few shared moments away from schedules and deadlines is such a rare enjoyment that I savor this all too  infrequent occurrence.

Because at some point life got really really busy....I don't know when it happened but between education, career development, relationships status's and a hodge podge of other life happenstances spending time with my family became an oasis from hectic self-imposed demands. I didn't realize what a jewel I had been given when I was a child, this  family that genuinely loves and by-in large likes and respects each other. Not knowing any better its easy as a kid to nit pick and criticize and see the faults of your family; it takes the hard knocks of life, the punches and the curve balls, to realize that love is not a given, kindness is not around every corner, and friendships are not biological assumptions.  I do not assume that in any way I some how earned the blessed luck with which I was granted the people to whom I am related. For whatever reason God dealt me a cast of loving family members for whom I am ever growing more and more fond affection and appreciation.  Knowing that so many people can't stand their relatives, that holiday gatherings are often associated with bickering and dramatic outburst, and that avoidance of  familial contact is a common go to during this time of year only stirs more gratitude in me for the state in which I find myself,....cozy and warm in a home that is permeated with loving kindness and silly affections. A happy and blessed Thanksgiving indeed....

No comments:

Post a Comment