Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reflections

What are the moments that take your breath away? When you think about the times you have been the happiest, what do those moments look like? What are the ingredients for a happy memory? When I think about the greatest moments in my life they are based on relationships and interactions with others. I dont believe any of my material possessions have ever created a true lasting sense of joy or peace. Whilst creating opportunity for distraction and entertainment, things in and of themselves have never provided me belly aching laughter, tear inducing tenderness, or heart warming kindnessess. Those are the treasures that come the most intensely and truly from friends and family. I'm grateful for the people around me, the chance to be a part of this life, the small and stunningly poignant perspectives that each moment unveils when I slow down long enough to really see what is happening around me. At all times life is calling, love is waiting, truth is reaching out. And when I look, when I really experience the moments I am in instead of rushing through them en route to the next deadline, the next appointment, the next event....a mindblowing sense of peace and gratefulness overwhelms my being.  So in this busy month where we tend to feel stretched even more than usual I would encourage us all to practice looking at each moment with new eyes and to adopt the intention of experiencing what we are seeing and feeling and being in a fresh way. When you desire to see beauty it will reveal itself to you. When you look for opportunities to love you will find yourself loved. And when you slow down  you will find your blessings abounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment