Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Sunday, November 20, 2011

CHILDREN, gratitude, day 20

For those of you who have known me for a while, you might think that this is a slightly odd gratitude for me to be posting. My stance on having children still currently stands that I can't imagine not having children but I can't imagine having them now. My mother set the bar pretty high on what being a good mother looks like and I'm not yet quite ready to be that unselfish. But that doesn't mean I am not becoming increasing aware of how much children put EVERYTHING into perspective. They remind us that life is pretty darn funny and that most things aren't worth the worry and anxiety that we attach to them.They force us to look beyond our own egos and to look after the well being of others. They demand that we keep or, as the case may be, find, our sense of humor and regain a sense of silly play.  Just last night I was at Medieval Times celebrating my father's birthday and I had such a blast giving myself the permission to scream and holler and cheer for the knight that was upholding the honor of the color of our seated section that was coordinated with his outfit and most clearly represented by the paper crowns we all wore proudly.  And man! I had so much fun laughing at myself last night. Giving myself permission to play make believe is a joy and a freedom that we know as children  and often slowly exchange for an idea of what being a "grown up" should look like. Unfortunately we often succumb to the adulthood schedule that is accompanied by a loss of play, an addition of superimposed fears and rules, and a general loss of perspective on the importance of fun.  Children force us to get silly, to forget our ridiculous egos, to have fun, to love, to enjoy innocence, and to laugh at life and ourselves. And isn't that what the best moments in life look like? Shared laughter in the presence of love is my favorite recipe. So today I will celebrate children, because despite my chagrin at the messes they make, the tantrums they throw, and the general upheaval of any sense of normalcy in life, the whirlwind they bring forces the creation of the space we need in order to find the best parts of ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment