Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Sunday, November 13, 2011

WORK, gratitude, day 13

In this crazy economy where unemployment rates are ridiculously high, I am so very thankful for every one of my sources of income. Sometimes Monday rolls around after the weekend and, if you've ever seen the classic movie Office Space you will know this reference, you have "a case of the Mondays".  But in light of the tough situation almost every middle class American is facing, I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work. And on top of that blessing, I get to do something almost every day that I love. I feel confident that I am moving closer and closer to living my life within my life's purpose and passion. That feels incredible. I love what I do and so it doesn't really feel like work most of the time. How amazing is that?!?! I am a firm believer in the idea that if you pursue your passion you will find your purpose and that it is in finding that purpose that we find fulfillment. But it starts with discovering your passion and giving yourself permission to invest in that. Passions are usually attached to our God-given talents. So what are you good at? What brings you the most pleasure? What do you    find yourself doing when you have free time? If you don't already know what your passions are then they are likely to be found within the answer to those questions. Purpose and passion make life worth living,...without them this journey is a dull shade of grey. I am not interested in passing through, getting by, or scraping off the bottom of the barrel. I am committed to sucking the marrow, to racing to the moon, to soaring with eagles, to climbing the peaks of mountains that scare me. And why shouldn't our work day be a part of that equation? I am proposing that it should be consumed by the heart of our passion and purpose. If that sounds crazy then mull on this great quote that one of my friends uses that says this, "He who says it can't be done shouldn't stop the one who is doing it". I love that. And you know what?, I'm doing it. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, very inspiring so happy you are doing what you love! Hope to keep up with this post. How do I do get to the Pilates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you joined me here. I hope you will continue to join me and contribute your thoughts :) I will be starting to add Pilates content shortly to this blog page. Tips, exercises, and videos are all in the mix. Stay tuned!!!!!

    ReplyDelete