Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Monday, November 7, 2011

SPIRIT, gratitude, day 7

I'm so glad that we are more then what we see. No other person can see my spirit, but it is my inner man that defines every external action and decision. It is my spirit that defines my worth as given by my Creator. Not my money, not my car, not my job, not my status, not my circle of influence. None of these external things last or really matter. It is the incorruptible beauty of the heart that should be the goal and that is the prize. If my identity was based on what I see in the mirror, my lot would be that of  constant anxiety and comparison. But since no one else can see my spirit but God, and since I cant judge anyone else because I cant see the entirety of their inner truth either, what joy I can have in knowing that I don't have to compete with anyone else and that I can journey through this life with the excitement of any other navigator going through uncharted waters! And although I don't always remember to invest my resources in the cultivation and support of my inner life, it is the seasons in which I do  that I consistently experience a kind of peace that cannot be bought or sold. My spirit is God's gift to me. I have a soul, I live in a body, but I am a spirit. And it is my spirit that will go to an eternal home one day because of the gift of the Lamb. Today I celebrate my true self, my spirit. Nothing here really matters because nothing here will really last. But no one can take away your true identity, your true home, your true beauty. It cannot be touched but its light can be felt and it shines the greatest where there is the greatest void. Shine spirit, shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment