Welcome to the Launch of Balance & Grace!!!!

"This site is developed with the recognition that we are not alone. We are in this together. Who we are is more important than the titles we give ourselves or the labels we accept. Life is a journey to be shared, not a race to be won. Here we will develop balance and cultivate grace by celebrating, supporting, and challenging the spiritual, physical, and emotional growth of each other. We will teach each other and create a safe haven for discussion. Respond to a post, start a new topic, make a video request, or share a thought. It is here because of you and for you. So jump on in!!!!"
~Christine Grace Ivy,
Balance and Grace Pilates and Life Coaching~
www.wix.com/mamasladybug/christineivy

Saturday, November 19, 2011

MY BROTHER, gratitude, day 18

He is the Animated Starfish to my Great Manatee. He is the Waldorf to my Statler. He is the Tom to my Sue. He is the Sci-Fi Melon to my Brave Little Toaster. These childhood names and inside jokes are treasures between me and my hero who kept me safe from bullies on the kindergarten playground so many moons ago. He has witnessed me in every shade of light and darkness since we were children and has been the brunt of many of my tantrums, a plethora of my whining, a barrel full of my yelling, and a bushel of my anger. But so is the lot of an older brother...On the other hand, he has also been at the center of a growing affection, love, and respect for just as many years. And as the childhood fights dissipated with the awareness that age and time brings, what has remained and continues to grow is a tender and deeply rooted love that bonds us in a singular connection unshared with any other friend or spouse or boyfriend or acquaintance. The love of a brother and sister is an uncanny thing. They know you at your worst but they still adore you at your best. My brother is one of the rocks of love in my life. He can always make me laugh and he allows me to feel safe enough to cry. I love him so much, Thank you God for giving me a brother. Through the years, the fights, the marriages, the disappointments, the surprises, the victories, the tragedies....he's always been there. Sometimes in the background, hidden amongst the distractions of a busy and hectic life, but always there. I love you, David Thomas Ivy. Thank you for loving me too. Not every sibling has the kind of close honest friendship and love that we share. I'm so grateful for you. You are a good egg, and I'll stand up for you on the playground any day.

1 comment:

  1. Since I consider David my brother as well I second all your emotions!

    ReplyDelete